Subscribe:

Monday 2 January 2012

Do You Want to Live Happy?


SCRIPTURE

“The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes”
(Psalm 19:8, NIV)

WORD

I have a friend who is going through treatment for cancer. He’s a young man, very talented, very athletic. If he had not told me, I would have never known anything was wrong. I’ve never once heard him complain. He’s always friendly, upbeat and enjoys life. I asked him the other day how he could keep such a good attitude during such a difficult time. He said, “Joel, when I get up in the morning, I ask myself, ‘Do you want to be depressed today or do you want to live happy?’ I choose to live happy.”
Understand that if you’re going to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose. Happiness is not going to fall on you. You have to choose it by choosing right thoughts and focusing on the Father. You have to set your day in the direction that you want to go. You have to choose to meditate on His Word because His Word lights your path and gives joy to your heart. Today, choose to live happy, set your focus on Him, and embrace the blessing He has in store for you!

PRAYER

Father, today I set my heart and mind on You. I receive Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I will store Your Word in my heart and receive the joy it brings me. Today I choose to live happy in Jesus’ name! Amen.
— Nick Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment