Subscribe:

Monday 10 October 2011

Help Others Win



SCRIPTURE

“...He tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him...But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him...”
(Acts 9:26–27, NIV)

WORD

In Scripture, the Apostle Paul would have never had the impact he did without a man named Barnabas. Barnabas was one of the disciples. He was in Jesus’ inner circle. But Paul, at the time, hated believers and was having them thrown in jail. God touched his life, and he wanted to go toJerusalem and join the other disciples, but they were afraid of him because of His reputation. Barnabas stood up for Paul and used his influence to open a door with the other disciples. Paul went on to write over half of the New Testament.
We don’t hear a lot about Barnabas. Paul greatly overshadowed him. But if you were to ask Paul he would say, “I won because Barnabas helped me win. I succeeded because Barnabas took a risk and opened a door that I could not open on my own. Barnabas believed in me when nobody else did.”
Friend, there is no greater legacy than to help someone else win. Today, look for ways to use your influence. Help others rise up higher. Sow good seeds because they will come back to you. When you help others win, God will make sure you are surrounded by people who will help you win in return.

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your truth which sets me free today. It is my delight to do Your will and help others succeed. Show me ways to be a blessing and help others. Let everything I do bring glory to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
— Nick Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment